Don’t forget your nutrition plan!
- Aim to consume 30-60g of carbohydrate per hour of riding.
- Eat and drink consistently on the ride. Set your watch alarm to go off every 30 minutes as a reminder.
- To ensure your carbohydrate stores are full, consume a carbohydrate rich snack 15-30 mins before the start. Good options include a Winners Sustained Energy Bar or a banana.
- Prepare food to eat post ride and boost recovery. 15-30 mins after a ride the body can replace energy stores at 150% the normal rate.
- Remember to always test your nutrition plan in training prior to the ride.